Cosmetic specialists at the UF Health Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics Center help men and women rejuvenate their facial appearance by boosting an essential protein
Over the course of your life, your face is certain to lose some of its ‘fullness.’ Aging, sun exposure, hormonal changes and even gravity can have dramatic impacts on your facial appearance. Dermal fillers injected by facial wrinkle specialists at UF Health Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics Center help men and women address these types of issues.
Dermal fillers, or collagen, take only a few minutes and produce immediate results. They are very quick and painless, with many patients electing to take care of the procedure during their lunch hour. Results are noticeable immediately and depending on the type of injection you choose, can last up to one year.
Here are a few examples of how dermal fillers can help smooth facial wrinkles and improve your appearance. These patients boosted the level of collagen in their skin to yield a more youthful, vibrant look.
Below are a few of the most common dermal fillers on the market today. Which one you choose depends on your individual situation and how long you want the effects to last before receiving new injections.
- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC – injectable gel that contains a small quantity of local anesthetic (lidocaine) and is injected into facial tissue to smooth wrinkles and folds, especially around the nose and mouth.
- Juvederm Voluma XC – first and only hyaluronic acid (HA) filler that is FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area, resulting in a subtle lift. It helps restore contour for up to two years; results may vary.
- Juvederm Ultra XC – injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation in adults over 21 who want natural-looking results that last.
- Juvederm Vollure XC – injectable gel is for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds) in adults over 21.
- Juvederm Volbella XC – injectable adds subtle volume to lips and softens the appearance of vertical lip lines.
If you’re searching for a low-cost, timely solution to facial wrinkles and the effects of aging and other elements, consider dermal fillers (or collagen injections), which help replenish the naturally occurring protein that gives your skin a youthful look.
Learn more about this and other procedures aimed at enhancing your outward appearance, along with other general facts you should be aware of, by visiting our facial treatment knowledge center today.